Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Journey To Confidence

A Journey To Confidence
LOVE YOURSELF….UNCONDITIONALLY


I am so thankful for the confidence I have now. I can remember a time when I didn’t even want to look at myself in the mirror. I had such low self-esteem; I thought I was the ugliest person in the world. I have always been dark skinned, and to a lot of people that wasn’t acceptable. I got teased in school for having eczema. It wasn’t a great experience, but over time I built resilience and started finding things that worked for me. I learned not to look at others for the definition of pretty, but to look at myself and see what I loved about me. It took a few years but now I can proudly say that I truly love myself. I look in the mirror and tell myself damn you look great. If I don’t how can someone else think I am. I no longer look to others to validate myself worth, and I continue to love myself rather I am in a 1500$ pair of red bottoms, or house shoes. My inner person never changes, and that’s the part of me I am truly unconditionally in love with. I look at pictures of myself now and sometimes I cry, because only I know will ever understand how difficult that struggle was for me.
It hurts me when I read that people don’t have confidence and are in a shell, because they have heard so many times that they are not pretty or that they are too heavy. No one can tell you what you should feel inside. If you don’t think you are pretty, do things to make you feel good about yourself. Look in the mirror and write things about yourself that you love. It won’t happen overnight but I guarantee you that over time confidence will build. It’s going to become a part of your personality. Words hurt, but we can’t let that dictate how we should perceive our self when we look in the mirror.
Stay Sexxy!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is deep. Thanks for sharing your story!! I'm still struggling with self esteem :-( check out my page when u have time, and if you like we can follow each other!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I have no clue why I am just seeing your comment..Google isint perfect I guess. But I appreciate the love..

      Delete